Terrible pictures–I’ll try to get some better ones, but I wanted to put in something. I was asked to do a beaded key chain craft for our MOPS group this year. As I was working on developing that craft, I came up with the book mark also. I really love these book marks because they don’t fall out of the book. They also look very beautiful. This is another craft I couldn’t really find on the internet, so I’m posting the instructions here for other people.
Beaded Keychain or Bookmark
Thin hemp like string
Clear nail polish
Instructions for Keychain:
- Take the string and fold in half. Put the loop through the keychain ring and open it up to bring the two ends through. Pull tight.
- Put beads on each side of the string. You will want a couple of small beads at the top of each side. Then alternate small and large beads until the chain is as long as you want (3 inches is about right).
- Tie the ends of each strand in a double or triple knot. Put a small drop of clear nail polish on each knot to hold it.
Instructions for Bookmark
- Decide how big you want the middle part to be. For a large Bible or hardcover books 9” is best. Smaller books are closer to 6-7”. Tie a double knot on each side of the middle marker part.
- Put beads on one side of the string. It usually works best to alternate small beads with larger ones. Put the largest bead at the end.
- Tie with a double or triple knot so last bead can’t fall off. Put a small drop of clear nail polish on knot to hold it.
Note: If you are having trouble putting the beads on the string, try cutting the string or putting nail polish on the end and letting it dry.